Professional Training Home-Study Options
Earn CEU’s in the convenience of your home and at your own pace by taking advantage of FTI’s professional training ‘home study’ option for LCSWs, LFMTs, LEPs and LPCCs.
How it works: You select the topic, and submit payment. The CDs or audio files and coursework are ailed or emailed to you. Once you have completed the course, you email back the completed course evaluation and course post-test. Upon receipt of these forms and passing the post-test with at least a 70% passing grade, you have completed the course and we email you the CEU certificate.
How to submit order & payment: You can submit your order by telephone or email (805) 882-2424 ext.111 or email@example.com). Include your name, address, telephone number and what method of payment you will be using. Once your order has been received, payment can be made via Venmo, user ID @FTISB including the workshop name in the payment comment, pay online at FTI’s Payment Link entering the workshop name as the invoice number, via telephone (debit/credit), mailing a check payable to FTI or coming to FTI to make the payment personally via cash, check, debit/credit. If submitting the payment in person, make sure to make an appointment with the administrator by calling 805-882-2424 ext. 111.
Law & Ethics Training:
3 CEUs | $60 per training.
- The Standard of Care: Hot Topics & Controversies the 2017 training by Debra Manchester, LCSW
The purpose of this course is to provide supervisors and clinicians with annual updates regarding laws and ethical issues relevant to the mental health practitioners in CA. Topics vary from year to year based on recent changes in law or legal precedents.
- Legal, Ethical & Clinical Implications of Prop 64 – Marijuana: Medicine or Madness the 2018 training by Debra Manchester, LCSW
- Re-Visioning Self-Disclosure in the Digital Age the 2019 training by Debra Manchester, LCSW
Today’s world of smart phones and social media has generated new norms and expectations from our clients. In this workshop we will explore the practice of self-disclosure–the do’s and dont’s– from the legal, ethical and clinical perspective.
- Psychotherapy During the Pandemic: Legal & Ethical Implications the 2020 training by Debra Manchester, LCSW
When COVID hit, most of us were catapulted into telehealth. Are you up to date on the laws and ethics pertaining to your current practice? Probably not. Clinically, we’ve all seen escalating conflicts, especially around safety concerns, within and between families and increased anxiety and depression especially in kids and teens. Do you have a mental model to weigh ethical dilemmas and clinical decisions? Come join us for lively conversation and updated information on these important topics.
- Bridging the Divides: Clinical & Ethical Dilemmas in Psychotherapy & in Our World, the 2021 training by Debra Manchester, LCSW.
The last few years have brought unprecedented challenges, losses, and conflicts. Not only with COVID–as if that weren’t enough–but with a country divided over mandates, economic fears, heightened racial tensions, political stand-offs, and a looming threat to democracy. These fractious divides have played out in our therapy offices and in our personal lives. This year’s Law and Ethics workshop (I have been doing very different topics for the last 15 years) was driven by my personal quest to find a deeper, more systemic understanding of what is going on and to offer some hope for ways to create bridges across the divide.
- Integrative & Innovative Strategies for Helping Kids Overcome Anxiety 2019 training by Don MacMannis, Ph.D., with guest presenter Debra Manchester, LCSW. $60 | 3 CEUs.There has been a recent and dramatic increase in the number of children who suffer from various forms of anxiety. This course is designed for clinicians wanting to learn and apply innovative and effective tools to help families with kids who suffer primarily from fears, phobias and PTSD.By means of a slide presentation, hands-on activities, demonstrations and examples from numerous videotaped sessions, we will first discuss the many factors that can contribute to anxiety. Moving beyond the fundamentals of CBT, Don will focus on integrating and drawing from a variety of theoretical models to custom-tailor treatment. In a final segment of the workshop, Debra Manchester will outline strategies related to treatment of teens.s.
- Suicide: Assessment & Intervention 2020 training by Kjell Rudestam, Ph.D. $120 | 6 CEUs
Dr. Kjell Rudestam has published over twenty peer-reviewed book chapters and articles in professional journals on the topic of suicide, and is internationally regarded as an expert in suicidology. This workshop will provide an overview of contemporary theories and models of suicide risk and behavior, as well as tools for assessing suicide risk based on an understanding of correlates of suicide
- Debra Manchester’s Supervision Group
Meeting once a month for 2 hours, earn up to 24 CEU’s each year by attending the monthly group. (2 CEU’s/$50 per group). This supervision group is limited to 6-8 participants. Each participant presents case for discussion, review & clinical input.
This monthly seminar is designed for practicing therapists who would like case consultations around current impasses in therapy or simply want to enlarge their perspective by meeting with other experienced clinicians. Whether working with individuals, couples or families, the group will provide an opportunity for therapists to get inspiration, support and fresh ideas on “stuck” cases.
Using an integrative model, Debra will bring her knowledge and expertise, gained through thirty-five years of experience, to help therapists think “outside the box” and unravel their various therapeutic dilemmas. Participants will be invited to share in the group discussion, which will provide a wide variety of ideas and open up new choices and possibilities. Cases may be presented verbally, or through the use of DVDs or audiotapes.