Trusted and recommended since 1979
POSITIVE INNOVATIVE EFFECTIVE THERAPY
Individuals – Couples – Families – Children – Groups
Back by popular demand:
The Whole Child: Effective Alternatives for Treating ADD & ADHD in Children & Teens
a workshop with Scott Shannon M.D.
Saturday May 21, 9am-12:30pm
Jefferson Hall, Unitarian Society of Santa Barbara
1535 Santa Barbara St.
- Positive… building on the strengths of each client
- Brief and cost-effective…providing feedback and individualized prescriptions for change
- Practical… teaching healthy ways to communicate, manage emotions, let go of the past, problem-solve, and get along with others
- Supportive… aiding families in periods of transition, illness, loss, or crisis
- Preventative… placing value on dealing with difficult issues before they become overwhelming problems
- Integrative… addressing personal, interpersonal, and spiritual issues that face clients on physical, emotional, intellectual and philosophical levels
- Community-oriented… working in close cooperation with schools, physicians, social services, and other professionals
- Research-based… integrating the latest scientific and clinical research into treatment
Who we can help: It may come as a surprise, but the Institute sees many healthy individuals who want outside professional guidance before severe problems occur in their family. An ounce of prevention can save many months of suffering!
Other common referrals include:
Children with symptoms such as depression, disruptive behavior, psychosomatic disorders, poor academic performance, attendance problems, unrealistic fears
Adolescents exhibiting uncontrollable behavior, substance abuse, eating disorders, school related problems, social isolation or relationship problems
Couples who are withdrawn from one another, experiencing communication, intimacy or sexual problems, verbally or physically abusive, persistently angry, guilt ridden or depressed, or wanting pre-marital assessment
Families who are having trouble communicating or who are going through difficult transitions such as divorce or separation, remarriage or joining of two families, the loss or illness of a family member
Individuals who are interested in methods to overcome unwanted behavior patterns, who wish to explore the current impact of past events and relationships, or who are seeking growth and enrichment of their lives